Monday 2 April 2007

Out and about



Outside painting all day today. Magic.

The whole coast was alive, tourists about for Easter Hols, sea a bit grumpy but luminous.
Even saw a group of young guys getting into wet suits with their boards newly waxed......brave souls as the water temperature is alleged to be up to four degrees ! I think I'll wait a while yet.

Managed to get two sketchy small pieces finished, I like the clifftop view best.

I will at some point put a picture of my Iron Horse on here. It's an old delivery bicycle. Big basket on the front which the box easel fits into, and away I go.
If any of you see me out on it, overtake me slowly 'cos I'm not hugely stable !

Kowabunga........

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see that view without thinking of Black Shuck, a light sprinkling of snow and some dodgy bloke holding a paraffin lamp.

Unknown said...

Hahaha.

Seems like a long time ago now freak-boy !

singinghawk said...

Hi Sam,

Lovely pieces! Love the spontaneity and muted colors!

Love to see you on your old-fashioned bike! haha.

Anonymous said...

I think we should start a campaign, insisting a pic of Sam astride his magnificent Iron Horse is posted on the blog within the week.

Anonymous said...

Naked, of course . . .

Anonymous said...

Though there might be a bit of localised chafing

Anonymous said...

And that crossbar might be a problem

singinghawk said...

haha...I'm all for it!

naked or not!

Anonymous said...

I have to say gingerwitch, I think you may have been contemplating this issue too deeply.

Unknown said...

Ana, as soon as the weather warms up I'll see what I can do !

By the way beachfreak, I think that witch needs a stern talking to.....

Anonymous said...

I'd love to give her a stern talking to, but she's fast asleep on the sofa downstairs. I know you warned me many many years ago. It's all coming true......